Moving to Windows 10 from Windows 7 EOL
The Windows 7 End of Life date has been announced, move to Windows 10 today.
The Windows 7 End of Life date has been announced: January 14, 2020. This means Microsoft will no longer update or support the operating system after that date. Microsoft will stop releasing updates for Windows 7. Microsoft also won’t offer help and support if you encounter any problems.
Upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 is quite simple. But some steps need to be taken to ensure a smooth migration:
- You need a Windows 10 license, we can supply you with this
- For your safety make a full backup of your computer
- Make sure you meet the system requirements for the migration
- Create an installation disk/drive for Windows 10
- Ensure all your software will run on Windows 10 and that you have the installation files
Once you have procured the above you can use the Windows 10 installer to migrate to Windows 10, in most cases your files will be kept, but you will need to reinstall your software.
As part of our IT outsourcing solution, we assist in migrating your environment to Windows 10